How / When To Update Stats After Data Load

• We have a file import job. This job typically imports millions of records into a SQL2008 DB. After the load the DB performance goes down the drain. Thus far, their solution has been to rebuild indexes on effected tables. I'd like to come up with a better solution. My guess is that after the load, the statistics are shot until the next stats update.

What is the best way to handle this scenario? There must be some way to keep the stats current during a big data load. Any suggestions?

Thanks

• The indexes may be fragmented AND the stats are out of date. Rebuilding indexes takes care of both. But, the most likely issue is that the stats are out of date. I'd suggest having a statistics update run right at the end of the data load. Best would be UPDATE STATISTICS WITH FULLSCAN, but it will take longer.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Protein powder dried meat means she’s at her

• Protein powder dried meat means she’s at her weakest ok it are only thing was be easy to do it wouldn’t be such an Ripped Muscle X[/url] achievement with it like think I've sacrificed so much why do you think I'm in my life disposable because we want something is nice pieces if you really want something bad enough you'll do it I'm a little anxious right now I don’t fail that unite kart de la more now theme well after five months a training in a lifetime preparations Joanne is needed to the Olympia.

For more information please contact us at --> > >> > > > http://supertestoboostsfacts.com/ripped-muscle-x/

• Thank you. Sounds reasonable. I'll give this a shot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply