How to use SQL on 2015 MacBook?

• Hello I am trying to start learning SQL, but have run into some problems. When I went to download mySQL on their website it said it couldn’t on my computer, I’m assuming because it’s a 2015 MacBook Air running on 10.12.6. Should I install and older version or do something else?

I downloaded dbeaver and tried to set up MySQL but I don’t understand the tutorials I looked up, the person in the video literally downloaded MySQL in the beginning and I can’t do that so idk where to start.

If anyone has advice on the best way to learn SQL on a MacBook I would appreciate it! Thanks

• You're asking about a MySQL database on a Microsoft SQL Server forum... in the Reporting Services section. There is a MySQL section: https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/forum/sql-server-and-other-platforms/mysql

You may get much better answers there.

Have you looked at simply running MySQL as a container on your MacBook? That will be a lot easier and since you're just learning the language, SQL, you don't need to learn how to install MySQL.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• hasan101 wrote:

Hello I am trying to start learning SQL, but have run into some problems. When I went to download mySQL on their website it said it couldn’t on my computer, I’m assuming because it’s a 2015 MacBook Air running on 10.12.6. Should I install and older version or do something else?

I downloaded dbeaver and tried to set up MySQL but I don’t understand the tutorials I looked up, the person in the video literally downloaded MySQL in the beginning and I can’t do that so idk where to start.

If anyone has advice on the best way to learn SQL on a MacBook I would appreciate it! Thanks

If your goal is to learn SQL, simply use SQLite Studio, http://www.sqlitestudio.pl, no need for installing a local server 😉

😎

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply