how to upgrade DTS libraries on SQL 7

• I run DTS Package and it gives me error "Microsoft VBScript Runtime error

Object doesn't support this property or method: DTSGlobalVariables".

I have Dtspkg.dll and Dtspkg.rll ver. 1998.11.13 there. On the development machine version is 2000.02.08. Both servers using SQL 7 SP2. Is this the problem? If so how I can upgrade libraries? I tried conventional way, but it fails.

Thanks

Michael

• I believe this is a SQL 2000 item. You might need to upgrade the SQL version.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• That will cost me. Is any cheaper way to update the libraries only though?

• Sorry, but alas no. And I don't believe any of the new 7 service packs make a difference either.

• I have Dtspkg.dll and Dtspkg.rll ver. 1998.11.13 on the server and 2000.02.08. ver. on development machine. Both are servers using SQL 7 SP2. How's that happened?

Where new version came from? Visual Studio 6 sp. 5?

• Do you have Office installed? Or did you install a SQL 2000 eval edition?

• Office 97 Pro, nothing fancy. No 2000 eval.

• They didn't come from Visual Studio Service Pack 5. They aren't in the file list. Both versions are running the same service pack? Did you install the SQL 2K client tools on the development box?

K. Brian Kelley

bkelley@sqlservercentral.com

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bkelley/

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• At least I don't remember installing SQL 2000, I wouldn't do such a thing without testing. I have a couple of Apps from MS Office 2000 Premium SR1: Front Page and MS project.

• Here are the versions that I have:

SQL Server 7 RTM (7.00.623) - File Version 1998.11.13.0

SQL Server 7 SP1 (7.00.699) - File Version 1999.5.15.0 (I think this one is right)

SQL Server 7 SP 2 (7.00.842) - File Version 2000.2.8.0

SQL Server 7 SP 3 (7.00.961) - File Version 2000.10.24

So it looks like you have the RTM version on the Production system and the SP 2 version on the Development system.

K. Brian Kelley

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• You're right even though I remember applying SP2. So I guess SP change the version. Now I have to find what are the diffrences in those versions.

Thanks all!

• Run a SELECT @@VERSION to verify. What you may need to do is reapply the service pack. One thing that did change between the various SP versions is unecrypted formats for DTS packages. So a DTS package created with a client patched with SP2 isn't readable by a server at RTM or SP1. We ran into this and to solve the issue we went to encrypted packages for a while.

K. Brian Kelley

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• I save ALL dts packages with a password to get around this. We use a standard password, not for security, but to avoid this bug.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• It shows 7.00.623, so SP didn't go through.

BTW, what's version on SQL 2000?

• 8.xx

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply