How to set parameters on an output file?

• My pipeline pulls records from SQL tables and put them into files in a data lake. I want the file names to reflect the schema and table names of each table. I have a Copy Data objects within an If Condition (if there are records to be copied), in side a For Each object (for each table in the list). I pass my schema and table names to the Copy Data object using @{item().SchemaName} and @{item().TableName}. This works for the Copy Data object. I need to use those same values to pass into the destination object's file name so that my filename looks like dbo.CustomerTable20220525.csv, or some variation of that.

Using these exact variables, I tried to set them in the filename parameter using:

@concat(dataset().SchemaNamE, '.', dataset().TableNamE, formatDateTime(utcNow(),'HHmmssfff'),'.csv')

But the values don't come through and my file name looks like this:

"".""130600593.csv

I also tried creating Pipeline-level variables and setting them with the Item variables but got this:

The expression 'item().SchemaName' cannot be evaluated because property 'SchemaName' cannot be selected.

Can someone tell me the syntax of how to reference the Item() in the For Each loop or a pipeline-level variable? I have already set up two Set Variable objects to set the pipeline-level variables I created to the respective Item() variables.

Thanks,

Chris

Learning something new on every visit to SSC. Hoping to pass it on to someone else.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Output parameters are the parameters that are fetched from the response of a service call. These are formatted according to the attributes you configure for the output before displaying on the device. The service parameters have a scope and data type attached to them.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply