how to running sql server 2000 on netwok (workgroup) olny

• plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

how to running sql server 2000 on network (workgroup) only?

to make more than one pc using the same database which is installing on a server

• plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

help me

• You will probably have to use SQL Server Authentication, and not Windows Authentication. This is because there is not a common Windows domain that both SQL Server and your users will be using, so there is nothing available to allow Windows Authentication to work.

Apart from this, there is nothing particularly special about using SQL Server in a Workgroup.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• If i understand correctly you want to run SQL 2000 on a server that is not on a domain. If you create identical local user accounts/passwords on both the client pc and database server you should beable to use windows authentication.

Paul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply