how to run multiple dataflow tasks in the same package that use same variables

• hi,

Is there a way that I can tell ssis to run first DFT and then second DFT . I tried put two DFT in sequence containers but since the two DFT uses same variables , I get errors.

Any different approach? to run DFT in parallel and also use same variables?

Also attached is my Data Flow diagram of package.

Thanks.

• komal145 (5/31/2016)

hi,

Is there a way that I can tell ssis to run first DFT and then second DFT . I tried put two DFT in sequence containers but since the two DFT uses same variables , I get errors.

Any different approach? to run DFT in parallel and also use same variables?

Also attached is my Data Flow diagram of package.

Thanks.

Create a precedence constraint from DFT1 to DFT2.

Or use different variables, if you want to maintain parallelism.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I tried putting precedent constarintsa from DFT1 to DFT2. It did not work as they both same variables and in same loop , the variables values are not assigned properly to the DFT. which caused to load incorrect data .

• Ok. What are you using the variables for? Are you updating them in the DF tasks, or just reading them?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• It got resolved using sequence conatineters for each data flow task.

Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply