How to rewrite sql query after where condition with another query ?

• I work on sql server I need to rewrite statement after where statement so how to rewrite

I don't understand what is writing after where

so can you help me how to write it alternative

select top 1 *
    FROM

dbo.GlobalPartNumberPortions Po WITH(NOLOCK)
    INNER JOIN dbo.GlobalPartNumber GOl WITH(NOLOCK) ON GOl.GlobalPnId = Po.GlobalPnId AND Po.GroupId = 1
    INNER JOIN Parts.Nop_PartsFamily pf WITH(NOLOCK) ON GOl.FamilyId = pf.PartFamilyID
    INNER JOIN dbo.GlobalPartNumberPortions Po2 WITH(NOLOCK) ON GOl.GlobalPnId = Po2.GlobalPnId AND Po2.GroupId = 2

WHERE @PartNumber LIKE CONCAT(LTRIM(RTRIM(CASE WHEN Po.PortionKey=N'Blank' THEN ''
    WHEN CHARINDEX('[', PO.PortionKey) >0 then replace(PO.PortionKey,N'[',N'[[')
    ELSE Po.PortionKey END))
    ,LTRIM(RTRIM(CASE WHEN Po2.PortionKey=N'Blank' THEN ''
    WHEN CHARINDEX('[', PO2.PortionKey) >0 then replace(PO2.PortionKey,N'[',N'[[')
    ELSE Po2.PortionKey END))
    , '%')

what i need it rewrite statement as below :

WHERE   @PartNumber LIKE CONCAT(LTRIM(RTRIM(CASE WHEN Po.PortionKey=N'Blank' THEN '' 
    ELSE Po.PortionKey END))
    , '%')

really i don't understand what after where condition so can you help me to understand what written after where

condition

or

rewrite it with another syntax or logic ?

this actually i need to rewrite it

WHERE   @PartNumber LIKE CONCAT(LTRIM(RTRIM(CASE WHEN Po.PortionKey=N'Blank' THEN '' 
    ELSE Po.PortionKey END))
    , '%')

portion key is RXQ6R8

@PartNumber is RXQ6R8M2WSA-1020S

• It seems the CASE conditions could be simplified because it's not necessary to test the CHARINDEX prior to REPLACE.  If the search characters are not present in the string then the function does nothing.

Current CASE condition

case when Po.PortionKey=N'blank' then '' 
    when charindex(N'[', Po.PortionKey) >0
    then replace(Po.PortionKey,N'[',N'[[')
    else Po.PortionKey end

Equivalent

case when Po.PortionKey=N'blank' then '' 
    else replace(Po.PortionKey,N'[',N'[[') end

Maybe it's clearer what the code does if the CASE conditions and concatenation are removed from the WHERE clause using CROSS APPLY and VALUES.  p1.portion_key_decode and p2.portion_key_decode are concatenated together along with the text wildcard '%' character and compared to @PartNumber

select top 1 *
    from dbo.GlobalPartNumberPortions Po /*WITH(NOLOCK)*/
    cross join (values (ltrim(rtrim(case when Po.PortionKey=N'Blank' then ''
    else replace(PO.PortionKey,N'[',N'[[') end)))) p1(portion_key_decode)
    JOIN dbo.GlobalPartNumber GOl /*WITH(NOLOCK)*/ ON GOl.GlobalPnId = Po.GlobalPnId
    AND Po.GroupId = 1
    JOIN Parts.Nop_PartsFamily pf /*WITH(NOLOCK)*/ ON GOl.FamilyId = pf.PartFamilyID
    JOIN dbo.GlobalPartNumberPortions Po2 /*WITH(NOLOCK)*/ ON GOl.GlobalPnId = Po2.GlobalPnId
    AND Po2.GroupId = 2
    cross join (values (ltrim(rtrim(case when Po.PortionKey=N'Blank' then ''
    else replace(PO2.PortionKey,N'[',N'[[') end)))) p2(portion_key_decode)
    cross apply (values (concat(p1.portion_key_decode, p2.portion_key_decode, '%'))) both(portion_keys)
    where @PartNumber like both.portion_keys;

-- @PartNumber is 'RXQ6R8M2WSA-1020S'
    -- When p1.portion_key_decode is 'RXQ6R8' and/if p2.portion_key_decode equals (or is a substring of) 'M2WSA-1020S'
    -- Then the WHERE condition is evaluated as TRUE

Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply