how to remove subscriptions and their reports

• I am still learning SSRS. I replaced a DBA that used SSRS alot.

I have hit some bumps along the way, but just need to confirm something. We have SSRS installed on a Windows 2003 server with SQL 2005. When I open SSMS and connect to the local isntance of SSRS, I see alot of folders under "Home" that represent different reports and different companies.

One of the 'child' companies is leaving the parent company this holiday weekend. They are taking their SQL Servers with them. The server that they are taking is the 'data source' for a few reports that have subscriptions.

Under the Home folder I have verified that all their reports and subscriptions are in a seperate folder under Home.

can i simply delete that folder? what other steps do I need to take? should i delete the Data Source for the SQL Server that they are taking with them also?

Do i need to find the cryptic SQL Server Agent jobs that run the subscriptions manually or will they automatically get deleted when i delete the folder?

• If you don't need those reports, and the datasources, go ahead and delete them.

This is fine to delete since you don't need them anymore..

When we view the report items in the details view, you will find an option to delete..

Hope this helps!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply