How to remove server names from drop-down list of servers?

• In [SSMS]/[Connect]/[Database Engine]/[Server Name] it displays a drop-down list of servers that I have ever connected to. Some of these entries are outdated. How can I remove them?

Thanks

• Connect to lots of other servers so that the old ones disappear, I suppose. Or hack the registry to get rid of them. You'll probably be able to find them with a search. Don't forget to back up your registry first!

John

• Thanks for advise, but unfortunately I don't have so many servers to connect to in order to push out the old ones.

And hacking the Registry I think is rather dangerous. Is there any tool or GUI that can prevent me from making wrong changes that can lead to disaster?

• open the dropdown so it shows all your history of connections.mouse hover over an item so it is highlighted, but DO NOT mouseclick/SELECT it.

while the dropdown is still open, and one item is highlighted, click the "delete" key

Repeat as necessary.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Great! Finally it worked for me. Thanks a lot.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply