How to queue multiple requests in database

• Hi,

Is there any way to queue the requests in Sql server. If there are multiple requests , sql server should process one request at a time...

Can i use server broker for this..?

Thanks ,

Manohar

• SLQ server automatically handles queueing via a system of LOCKING at the row,then page,then table levels;

a great example is multiple people updating a single table.

there is no need to block me if i'm editing row 45 and you are editing row 33; we are independant of each other...only if i want to edit the same row as you should i be paused/queued...and SQL server does that automatically.

but if i'm updating a lot of rows or all rows, my locking to make others wait gets escallated until i'm finished.

you can read up on locking in books online, so there's no need for you to try and manually implement such a thing.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply