How to post argument to python script being called in SSIS Execute Process Task?

• Hey Guys, I have an execute process task in ssis that is calling a python script. Execute process settings I have set as follows.

RequireFullFileName: True

Executable: C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\python.exe

Arguments: "C:\Users\Me\Documents\My Received Files\teststring.py HelloWorld"

FailTaskIfreturnCodeIsNotSuccessValue: True

SuccessValue: 0

TimeOut:0

Im getting the following error when I run it

[Execute Process Task] Error: In Executing "C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\python.exe" ""C:\Users\Me\Documents\My Received Files\teststring.py HelloWorld"" at "", The process exit code was "2" while the expected was "0".

How do I handle passing in an parameter?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  dndaughtery.
  • Can you try the same thing, but using a file path which does not contain spaces?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Tried setting

Still getting error:

[Execute Process Task] Error: In Executing "C:\Users\DaughteryDa\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\python.exe" "C:\Users\DaughteryDa\Documents\My Received Files\teststring.py Whats" at "", The process exit code was "2" while the expected was "0".

• I created an expression for Argument and that worked

• I created an expression for Argument and that worked

Good idea, well done.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply