How to parse and validate text file in ssis without scripting

• Hi,

Wondering if somebody dont know the .Net lanaguage and he has to develop a package in which he has to parse the text file and validate the data and then create a standard out put xml file, is that possible without writing the code (.Net Language), using just built in components of SSIS and doing these tasks in memory.....without loading text file data in the database 1st.

Thanks

• If you know the fields into which the file is to be parsed, you can use a derived column transformation to validate field contents for type, range, domain, etc. You can also use lookup components for domain validation for individual fields. Sorry, but I can't help with building an XML output file. All of my SSIS experience is with ASCII -> SQL Server table scenarios.

• Hi thanks for the reply....well i have learned some basics of .Net to parse a file...however the way u told me ...i will look into that...

but thanx any way for feedback

Rashid

• Hi, I would like to remove first few commented lines before I load my text files into SQL table.

please tell me how to write code in SSIS (script task) to remove commented lines (starts with #).

I am running vbscript code, but it is taking too long to parse the text files.

Thank you

• Joshi-400802 (3/21/2011)

Hi, I would like to remove first few commented lines before I load my text files into SQL table.

please tell me how to write code in SSIS (script task) to remove commented lines (starts with #).

I am running vbscript code, but it is taking too long to parse the text files.

Thank you

Why are you hijacking a 3-year old thread that isn't related to your question.

Please start your own thread, so that people can help you accordingly.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply