How to obtain sqlserver 2005

• Hi,

I could not access the DVD drive from the remote server.

Is there any option to download the SQL Server Enterprise Edition, if I purchase the DVD (license?) properly from Microsoft?

Regards,

Prakash

Kindest Regards,

R

• P (9/26/2007)

Hi,

I could not access the DVD drive from the remote server.

Is there any option to download the SQL Server Enterprise Edition, if I purchase the DVD (license?) properly from Microsoft?

Regards,

Prakash

Hi Prakash,

you can download the evaluation version from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6931fa7f-c094-49a2-a050-2d07993566ec&DisplayLang=en

Then, before the trial expores you can upgrade the to full version with your current license. Details about how to do this are on http://blogs.msdn.com/sanchan/archive/2006/07/27/681086.aspx

Regards,

Andras

Andras Belokosztolszki, MCPD, PhD
    GoldenGate Software

• If you have a subscription to MSDN, you may be able to download it through Microsoft's site. Try calling Microsoft, they will be able to offer some solution as well.

-R

• I have the license keys, How can I use it to download the software?

Regards,

Prakash

Kindest Regards,

R

• simply copy the contents of the DVD from another machine to a network location or an USB-stcik and install from there. No need to run setup directly from DVD.

• If you think you will be doing a fair amount of installs of software via a network share then you could always mount a disk on the target machine using daemon tools or something similar and point to an iso image of the install disk. This way you can have a bunch of iso images on some central location and they can be easily accessed from any computer on your LAN.

Andy

• alcohol 52% Free and easy. Share the image, and mount remotely.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply