How to monitor multiple sql servers by a script?

• Hi Freinds,

How i can monitor the multiple servers through a script? I want to check;

1) disk space

2) sql logs

3) windows activity logs

4) backup varification

5) performance counters

6) deadlocks

7) bottelnecks

8) database file space and ect..

without using any other third party software.

Please can any one help me out.

Thanks in Advance.

Learning is a path with no destination...
    [/font]

• Unless you want to look at SQL Server 2008 R2 multi-server management, you're just going to have to set up a lot of manual processes out to multple servers. No easy way around it, at all.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• There are a lot third party tools for sale that will monitor multiple servers, also. I believe both Imceda and Red Gate have software, along with several other companies.

Otherwise, as Grant said, use the 2008 tool (Grant, does that require a total-environment SQL Server upgrade?) or manually script this stuff out by hand.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (3/16/2011)

There are a lot third party tools for sale that will monitor multiple servers, also. I believe both Imceda and Red Gate have software, along with several other companies.

Otherwise, as Grant said, use the 2008 tool (Grant, does that require a total-environment SQL Server upgrade?) or manually script this stuff out by hand.

Actually, it's one of the few things from Microsoft that supports 2000 as well as 2005. So no, you don't have to upgrade everywhere to use it.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (3/16/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (3/16/2011)

There are a lot third party tools for sale that will monitor multiple servers, also. I believe both Imceda and Red Gate have software, along with several other companies.

Actually, it's one of the few things from Microsoft that supports 2000 as well as 2005. So no, you don't have to upgrade everywhere to use it.

Cool! Thanks for the info.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Thank you freinds for your valuable suggestions.

Learning is a path with no destination...
    [/font]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply