How to Install and Configure Baseline Collecor Solution V2

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item How to Install and Configure Baseline Collecor Solution V2

• Thank you for article,- the solution looks really good.

Can you setup a central SQL server with one baseline database, and collect baseline information from several sql servers into that one central database?

If yes, what would be the smarest way to set that up?

Thanks, Cheers Flemming

• just installed it, and will report back what i think; very pleased to see a fire and forget solution.

my initial thoughts were that the jobs and schedules should be either on by default, or parameterized as part of the setup script.

i had to find/replace @enabled=0 a large number of times in the code so i could rerun the script to have it turned on for testing.

maybe you should parameterize to have @enabled=@EnableJobs and and @enabled=@EnableSchedules ?

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Thank you for this series.

• What is a "Collecor"?

Not a question to the author. More a question for the web-site content Moderator and their spell checker.

For the author my comments are nice article. Like the pictures, circles, arrows, etc...

• PHYData DBA (11/12/2015)

What is a "Collecor"?

Not a question to the author. More a question for the web-site content Moderator and their spell checker.

For the author my comments are nice article. Like the pictures, circles, arrows, etc...

Thanks for your feedback. The title has been corrected!

• Lowell (11/12/2015)

just installed it, and will report back what i think; very pleased to see a fire and forget solution.

my initial thoughts were that the jobs and schedules should be either on by default, or parameterized as part of the setup script.

i had to find/replace @enabled=0 a large number of times in the code so i could rerun the script to have it turned on for testing.

maybe you should parameterize to have @enabled=@EnableJobs and and @enabled=@EnableSchedules ?

Hi, Thanks for your feedback. I will consider it, but in the meantime you can add your script to enable these.

You can find a script created by rstone for enabling the default jobs/schedules on the article discussion of article Baseline Collector Solution V2 - http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1721218-3451-2.aspx

• fandersen (11/12/2015)

Thank you for article,- the solution looks really good.

Can you setup a central SQL server with one baseline database, and collect baseline information from several sql servers into that one central database?

If yes, what would be the smarest way to set that up?

Thanks, Cheers Flemming

Hi, thanks for your feedback and your question.

Well I cannot answer this question right now. This is on my list. Doing a central solution is my main goal 🙂 but there are tons of things to think over, design and so on.

My plan to design my solution in a way that doing the collection locally (no data collection gaps, in case of no connection with the central server) for every instance and then somehow get these data to a central database.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply