How To Import DBF Files Into SQL Server 2005 Tabbles

• I appreciate the visualization. Does this work with both FoxPro and Paradox DBF files? My issue was trying to load a Fox DBF using that technique. I could never get it to work. I had to load the FoxPro driver. If this works without needing that driver, I'll add it to my toolkit.

• Edward C Smith (7/5/2007)

Hi Peter,

I read your post as I'm trying to do something similar. I have a large repository of what appear to be paradox table files from our primary customer application. My hope is to convert these into SQL Server for Warehousing and reporting purposes.

I have setup my Paradox 5.x OLE DB connection and I can see the tables but I get an error when I try to map columns "SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR." The next message is "Opening a rowset for "USER" failed. Check that the object exists in the database." where USER is the table I'm attempting to access.

Admittedly I know very little about paradox, the only information I Have about these files is from a google post saying they were Paradox .db files.

Thanks for any help any one can offer.

-Ed

Hi,

I'm getting the same error: "Opening a rowset for "SVCUSGRP" failed. Check that the object exists in the database."

Does anybody know how to fix it?

• Hi guys, I'm using MS SQL 2005 too.

For upload DBF files to SQL server we are using DBF Commander Pro

Maybe this helps...

• Hi guys, I'm using MS SQL 2005 too.

For upload DBF files to SQL server we are using DBF Commander Pro

Maybe this helps...

• Posted Tuesday, July 11, 2006 6:40 PM

Also, a potential SPAM! (Didn’t report it yet, looking for more opinions)

• This is not a spam. When I tried to post my message, there was some server error. I reposted, and then there are 2 equal messages were added.

• I don't think it's spam, in fact this is a promising looking tool that does have both a trial version and free version. I think I may have to resurrect this project and give this a try. Thanks for the post.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply