How to find "Licensing" information on installed SQL Server instance

• Hi guys ....

I wanted to know, what license mode is installed on sql server 2000. Is there any command that gives me information on licensing (processor or seat) and how many. I want to get these information on any installed instance.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Burhan 

• Burhan

Go to Control Panel and open SQL Server 2000 Licensing Setup.  This will display the licensing mode and quantity you have currently, and allow you to make changes.

John

• Hi John ...

When I goto Control Panel, which icon has the information about all licensing setups. I cant find them in any icon. Can you please explain.

Thanks.

Burhan

• Burhan

If you are using SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2000 or 2003, there is an icon in Control Panel called SQL Server 2000 Licensing Setup.  I think with Windows NT and/or SQL Server 7.0, there was one combined licensing applet in Control Panel for Windows and SQL Server.

John

• Try this in Query Analyzer......

SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('LicenseType'),

SERVERPROPERTY('NumLicenses')

-SQLBill

• Or this should give a quick summary of common server info without entering control panel...

SELECT   CONVERT(varchar(20), SERVERPROPERTY('servername')) as ServerName,

CONVERT(varchar(20), SERVERPROPERTY('edition')) as Edition,

CONVERT(varchar(20), SERVERPROPERTY('LicenseType')) as LicenseType,

CONVERT(varchar(20), SERVERPROPERTY('NumLicenses')) as NumLicenses,

CONVERT(varchar(20), SERVERPROPERTY('ProductVersion')) as Version,

CONVERT(varchar(20), SERVERPROPERTY('ProductLevel')) as ProductLevel,

CONVERT(varchar(30), SERVERPROPERTY('Collation')) as ServerCollation,

substring(@@version,charindex(' on',@@version)+4,50) as WindowsVersion

-Ally

• this is very cool thanks Ally. any idea why I might get a null for 'NumLicenses'? opps!

SQL 2012 Standard VPS Windows 2012 Server Standard

• According to the BOL, it means that your instance is not per-seat nor per-processor licensed.

What did you get when you ran the SERVERPROPERTY('LicenseType')?

-SQLBill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply