How to Execute SSIS packages saved on the SQL Server

• Hi,

I am pretty new to SSIS. I had several Import Data Tasks which I saved as SSIS packages to the SQL Server 2005. Couple of questions on this

1) Where exactly are these saved and can i edit then if i wanted to modify it later

2) How do I run these as I need to repeat the same process daily till the development phase is stable

Please advice

Vinuverma

• Hi Vinuverma,

When deploying SSIS packages to SQL server, you have 2 options - you can chose to either deploy the package in the file system or in the MSDB database.

To check if your packages are deployed, in the SQL Management Studio, in the Registered Servers window, the should be 5 icons just under the title- the last looking like a white page with 3 small squares in top, top right and bottom left position - a mouse over should say Integration Services.

Click this- do you see your server name here? If not register your server then connect to it. You should then see in the Object Explorer the Stored Packages folder tree- under which you should see File System and MSDB. If your package is deployed, then you should see it under one of these 2 options. Right clicking here will give the option to run it.

SSIS packages can only be edited in the Visual Studio environment that is distributed with the SQL server 2005 install, so you'll need to keep the project/files on your file system somewhere...Oh and you'll need to redeploy the package once changes have been made/tested, etc...

Hope this helps,

Daryl.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply