How to encryt all procedures in a database

• Is there any script or free tool to encrypt all the procedures in a database?

• ManoharV (11/24/2009)

Is there any script or free tool to encrypt all the procedures in a database?

Well, there is the WITH ENCRYPTION option of ALTER PROCEDURE, but it's pretty weak.

It might help someone recommend an approach if you would share the reason(s) behind your desire to obfuscate the procedure contents. I can't think of a good reason offhand.

• Thanks Paul,

In our database there are around 3,000 procedures and as we are deploying our application in multiple location, we need some sort of encryption for our code. That's the reason am searching for a encryption mechanism.

• ManoharV (11/24/2009)

Thanks Paul,

In our database there are around 3,000 procedures and as we are deploying our application in multiple location, we need some sort of encryption for our code. That's the reason am searching for a encryption mechanism.

My question was more about *why* you feel the need to encrypt?

Is the code that bad? 😉 😛 :w00t:

• Unfortunately the "encryption" is pretty weak. Just look at http://www.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/microsoft.public.sqlserver.security/2006-08/msg00305.html

To see what I mean..

I haven't tried it so I am taking their word for it.. You are at least making it harder to get back..

CEWII

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply