How to edit SQL inside DTS package

• Hello,

I have created DTS packages through database -  export, then saved the package. I am transfering data from database to a file.

When I try to edit the sql query inside the package, I end up playing with the transformations which are not changed, only the logic to query the information to each field in the file.

Then later on, I end up with Enterprise manager to disappear.

Any advices, on how to do the simple task of changing sql query in a DTS package?

Thanks,

Jyrki

• instead of having SQL code inside DTS package create a stored procedure you then call that instead and no need to modify DTS

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• Jyrki,

I've had that problem before when modifying packages with text output data connections.  Suddenly, the entire EM in which my DTS designer window was running just vanished.  *poof*

I think you might need updated files for your SQL server client.  I sort of remember having a problem with SQL sp3, requiring me to use an older sp2 box to mess with the text output part of packages.

Now I haven't seen that problem lately, but it might be because of a post sp3 patch. 

This was also at least 2 years ago, so my memory might be foggy.

• This was fixed in SP4, at least for me.

Dylan Peters
    SQL Server DBA

• Thanks, for the advice, I will update my test server to sp4 and test.

Jyrki

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply