How to edit and save the changes on SSIS dtsx package

• I used import/export wizard utility to import a text file to another text file.(sql 2005)

I check mark [Save SSIS Package - SQL Server ]. So it save this dtsx package into MSDB databse.

Afterwards I realized I need to change it.

- I trying changing it by opening up the business Intelligence Studio which I find was not that intelligent after all.

- Added existing package to a new solution and chose the one I just created. It got displayed and appeared.

- I went ahead and change the data flow and I clicked save. (and I even try to save the whole solution as a next step once I found out that didn't work).

- I closed the solution explorer and repen it again and again add that existing package.

- the existing package didnot reflect any changes I made!

Question: Anyone knows the answer? I don't want to create a permanent solution to it.

thanks

• BIDS saves everything as files on your local hard drive.

You would need to export the modified package to the msdb again via Integration Services.

Norman

DTS Package Search

http://www.dtspackagesearch.com/

• You're right. Thanks!

• Hello,

I am trying to modify a newly created ssis package. I understand I have to go to BIDS to do this but where do I do this?

I read in another thread that you have to bring your package into BIDS but how and where do I do that?

Juanita

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply