I used import/export wizard utility to import a text file to another text file.(sql 2005)
I check mark [Save SSIS Package - SQL Server ]. So it save this dtsx package into MSDB databse.
Afterwards I realized I need to change it.
- I trying changing it by opening up the business Intelligence Studio which I find was not that intelligent after all.
- Added existing package to a new solution and chose the one I just created. It got displayed and appeared.
- I went ahead and change the data flow and I clicked save. (and I even try to save the whole solution as a next step once I found out that didn't work).
- I closed the solution explorer and repen it again and again add that existing package.
- the existing package didnot reflect any changes I made!
Question: Anyone knows the answer? I don't want to create a permanent solution to it.