How to display non-English characters in SSMS ?

• I have a table that contains English and non-English entries, particularly Russian. The column is defined as nvarchar. If I BCP it out and open in notepad, it clearly displays  Russian characters. But not in SSMS. Is there any setting for this? My SSMS version is 13.0.16106.4.

Thanks

• If you have the Russian language installed in Visual Studio with SSMS version 18.5, it lets you pick that from the settings.  I expect it is similar with SSMS 13.  I do not have SSMS 13 installed on my machine to test this, but I think it would be similar.

If you start up SSMS, then click on tools->options and search for "lang", the first option (environment->international settings) allows you to change the language.

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply