How To Determine if Reporting Services was Installed

• I'm looking at a server that had SQL 2005 Express with Advanced Services installed. I didn't do the installation.

How can I tell if Reporting Services was actually installed?

Thanks.

Rog

• Can you check the services list? If so, you can see of the reporting services is listed.

Also, from SSMS, you could try to connect to reporting services for that server.

Converting oxygen into carbon dioxide, since 1955.
  • Thanks... I don't see anything for either. Shouldn't there be a website or two also?

Rog

• Roger Abram (3/4/2010)

I'm looking at a server that had SQL 2005 Express with Advanced Services installed. I didn't do the installation.

How can I tell if Reporting Services was actually installed?

Thanks.

Rog

SSRS in SQL Server 2005 Express comes with the Toolkit edition so check your add remove programs for the Toolkit edition which also installs BIDs.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3C856B93-369F-4C6F-9357-C35384179543&displaylang=en

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• If reporting services was installed, then there are two databases installed along with it. Just look for those databases:

select * from sys.databases where name like 'ReportServer%'

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• Excellent. Thanks... they are not there.

Rog

• Is this also true for SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition? Thanks.

• reefshark (9/30/2011)

Is this also true for SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition? Thanks.

No but SSRS in SQL Server 2005 require IIS installed before SQL Server installer will enable SSRS in the installer. It is not easy to get Windows to enable SSRS installer in Windows 7 x64 because Windows 7 thinks SQL Server 2005 is not compatible with it.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply