how to deploy reports with rs.exe

• hi there,

i want to deploy some *.rdl files with rs.exe and need the scripting syntax

i am searching since 3 days the ms site and google but i've found only some samples which are not complete.

what i can do now is to create folders, create datasources and create reports.

what i can't do is to link the reports datasource (defined in the .rdl) to the defined datasource (rs.createdatasource)

what i need is a full description of the Syntax and the object model (posible names and values)

samples are also very welcome

hopefully

Michael

• "what i can't do is to link the reports datasource (defined in the .rdl) to the defined datasource (rs.createdatasource)"

I know that this is a silly question but I'm going to ask it anyway. If the data source name within your workstation environment is the same as that on the server to which you are publishing your reports then you don't need to manually link your report to the data source so why not have them use the same value ? This helps with publishing to a dev server, ongoing maintenance, and moving reports between environments (dev/test/pre-prod/prod); script remains the same - create data sources first and then publish the reports. Whaddya think ?

• found rsscripter which generate a script with the right syntax

cu

Michael

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply