How to create dbf using SSIS

• Does anyone know how to create a dbf-file using SSIS. I want to extract data from a sql table and write it to a (new) dbf file(s). I'm using the OLE DB Provider for Visual FoxPro 8.0

Thanks in advance.:D

• Open a SSIS project, create a new package, right click on "SSIS Package" and click on "SSIS Import/Export Wizard".

Once you have it started the wizard you can then select your source data and then select your destination data, and begin the process that will meet your requierments

• Also you will be given the chance to choose which db table you want to transfer into the destinated table or db

• I've tried to fix it with use of the import export wizard, but I still didn't succeed. When running the package made by the wizard, the first task is succesfull => create a dbf file. (I've choosen the option 'Free table directory') But the next task, the data flow task fails with the messages:

[Destination - Query [19]] Error: The "input "Destination Input" (32)" failed because error code 0xC020907B occurred, and the error row disposition on "input "Destination Input" (32)" specifies failure on error. An error occurred on the specified object of the specified component.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: The ProcessInput method on component "Destination - Query" (19) failed with error code 0xC0209029. The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task to stop running.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: Thread "WorkThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0209029.

(AlwaysUseCodePage is set to True)

Please help me!!

• Hi

Have a look at the following link:

http://community.discountasp.net/default.aspx?f=16&m=8808

That should shed more light on what you are doing wrong

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply