How To COPY SSRS Folder ??

• Hello,

MSSQL2005/SP2 w/SSRS

We have created folder levels ie: MyReport\DEV and MyReport\PROD using SSRS web admin tool. Our developers have built & uploaded several reports into the MyReport\DEV folder. We would like to copy them now to MyReport\PROD, but under properties, all we see is "Apply", "Delete" and "Move". We are trying to mimic a DEV and PROD environment similar to out IIS environments.

Is there a way to copy these reports?

Thanks. Jeff

Many thanks. Jeff

• I don't copy folders I just copy the RDL and all the related solution files which is very important because when changes are made most times only the solution files changes. SQL Server reporting services reports are the easiest to send to others I have emailed and given them to other people in net meeting. This means you move one report at a time and make sure it runs before you move others. This is assuming all your three databases are running the datasource database, reportserverdb and reportservertempdb.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Check out a free tool - Reporting Services Scripter- at http://www.sqldbatips.com.

Yous can set it up to create RS scripts to move\copy SSRS reports, folders, permissions, whatever between severs or on same server.

maddog

• worked like a charm!

thx.

• Hi,

I selected the script only option and now I want to copy reports on different folder on the same server?

Can you please tell me how did you do that?

Thanks

Shashank

• This is an awesome tool. Works like a charms. Thanks to the creator.

• Hi Everyone:

Can someone help me... I'm trying to use the free product Reporting Services Scripter (2.0.0.17). I installed it made sure the id that I was using on the existing report server is a local administrator. Actually it's a local administrator on both servers (the existing one and the one I'm transferring the reports to).

As soon as I hit the transfer button I get the following error, it doesn't even give me a message that it's creating the scripts:

"The permissions granted to user "xxxxxx" are insufficient for performing this operation. Can somone who has used this product please let me know what I may be doing wrong, or tell me what ID your using or if I need a permission that I may not have.

I also want to edit and mention I get the error when I want to copy the datasource... it will execute when I try model or data model but I get an error saying the datasource is not there.

Your help is greatly appreciated.. Thank you

Diane

• Just adding that this tool saved me a lot of time recently - thanks Jasper plus the folks suggesting it above.

I had to download it from the link below, as sqldbatips is no longer running:

http://web.archive.org/web/20120830141644/http://www.sqldbatips.com/showarticle.asp?ID=62

cheers,

Iain

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply