how to configure report manager?

• Hi All,

Thanks for all your help in solving my report related issues.

Now i need one more help from you all.

I have joined newly here and so now started with reports. They dont have any Report Server here. I chose my own machine to be report server and gave in URL field of the report project property as :

http://localhost/ReportServer.

This created a RS. However, i am not able to see any folders here.

if i open this url i get :

localhost/ReportServer - /

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 7:40 PM <dir> Data Sources

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 7:40 PM <dir> UserPerformance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 9.00.1399.00

DataSource is my DS folder and UserPerformance is my project.

Inside it i have my reports.

But the prob is, if i now try to re-deploy my reports after any modifications,

they are not reflected here.

What i should do? Also, how to get that folder system?

I dont have Report Manager 🙁

Suggest me something.

• Hi,

Can you just try the below steps:

1) In RUN prompt give inetmgr

2) Go to Report folder ( You can see Two one more folder here name Reporting Server or something)

3) Select the Report folder, right side you can see Home.aspx

4) Right Click on it and give Brows.

If the Report Sever configuration is done properly, here you can see the folder were the reports will be deployed.

If the above thing are success, the take the Home.aspx from the other folder and use it in the ULR property of your project.

Thanks & Regards,
    MC

• Hi,

I have one ReportServer folder in the Application Pools forlder inside HCDEV2(local computer),

But it is empty.

Now should i install anything?

• Hi,

You mean to say you followed the above steps and the folder is empty !!!!

Then I doubt the Report Server is not configured correctly!!! There should be two folders Report and Report Server.

Is it possible for you to delete this folder and reconfigure it....?

Navigate to AllPrograms-->SQL Server 2005-->Configuration Tool.

Thanks & Regards,
    MC

• Yes i followed the steps you mentioned and found it empty 🙁

I will check with my manager if i can do it. Please provide me the steps to configure it.

• In the Reporting Services Configuration Manager Please Do the following steps:

1) In the Report Server Virtual Directory settings Create a new Virtual Directory with the name "ReportServer" and Create it in "Default Web Site".

2) In the Report Manager Virtual Directory settings Create a new Virtual Directory with the name "Reports" and Create in "Default Web Site"

• Hi,

Thanks for reply. I chked that folder. The Report Server folder is created in Report Manager and i am not able to change it.

The error is : The virtual directory could not be created. It already exists and still in use.

But there must be Reports folder in this directory isn't it?

i tried to click on New .. but didnt work.

What to do now?

• Hi,

If you are getting the error as it is already existing , it means you haven't deleted these folders from IIS.

If you have the permissions to delete the folder, then as I mentioned above , in Run prompt give inetmgr and there you delete these folders. After this you go to the Reporting Services Configuration Manager(AllProgrmas--> SQL Server 2005 --> I have mentioned above)

In the window opened , you can see the Report Server Virtual Directory and Report Manager Virtual Directory . Create the Report folder and ReportServer folder by selecting the first and second (have a look into the above reply by another friend).

If you are able to create these folders successfully, then gain when you go to inetmgr you can see these folders there. Then as I mentioned already you can right click and brows the Homepge.aspx in the Reports folder.

Thanks & Regards,
    MC

• Hi,

I now set the folders in Virtual directories. Now in that inetmgr, i have the folder hierarchy as below:

HCDEV2 --> Application Pools-->Default App Pool and Report Server.

The Report Server and Reports are present Default App Pool. (both are empty)

In Report Server, Report Server Interface and Report Server are present.

Both are empty.

• Can anyone help? 🙁 I have my reports ready but not able to deploy them 🙁

Any suggestion appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi Malavika,

I don't understand why the IIS is showing like that for you. I have attached the screenshots how it is there in my machine.

In the Screenshot3.jpg it is showing the Report and ReportServer folder both are there under DefaultWebsite, this is because while configuring these folders I have specified the Website option as Default Website , you can see it in the 1 and 2 screenshots.

Once again you go to IIS and delete Report and ReportServer folders then configure it as in the screenshots (give the name as Report and ReportServer).

Also make sure in services.msc the SQL Server Reporting Services is running.

Thanks & Regards,
    MC

• hi mithun,

Thanks a lot for the reply. But I am sorry i am not able to view those screen shots 🙁

Could you please mail the same to my personal id?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply