How to Check SQl Driver for MS ACCESS

• Hi,

I want to know how to check my server which drivers and what version they are using for SSIS purpose. As one of package i am dumping data into MS Access is working fine on my local machine but on server giving an error. So to make sure it has the same driver both side.

Regards

Shaun

• Shaun,

What is the exact error you are receiving?

Going into Control Panel -> Admin tools -> ODBC and starting the steps of creating an ODBC will list what drivers you have available. Other than that, I'm not not sure how to do a list of available drivers. The exact server error, however, may give us a clue as to what driver you should be hunting for. Or let us know if there is another issue that is masquerading as a driver error (which happens).

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• The error im getting is "Test connection failed because of an error in intializing provider. Unrecognized database format "C:\ABC\MYFILE.accdb"

• Shaun2012 (8/18/2014)

The error im getting is "Test connection failed because of an error in intializing provider. Unrecognized database format "C:\ABC\MYFILE.accdb"

I've never seen "accdb" as an extension to an Access Database. Usually I see "mdb". Are you sure that's not your problem?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• yes it is .accdb..

The link i had provided is regarding difference b/w mdb and accdb.

http://databases.about.com/od/access/a/accdb.htm

Shaun

• Brandie Tarvin (8/19/2014)

Shaun2012 (8/18/2014)

The error im getting is "Test connection failed because of an error in intializing provider. Unrecognized database format "C:\ABC\MYFILE.accdb"

I've never seen "accdb" as an extension to an Access Database. Usually I see "mdb". Are you sure that's not your problem?

.accdb is the extension for all MsAccess databases from 2007 onward. Prior to that, they were .mdb.

• Check your connection strings (scroll down to find 2007 and on) compared to this document[/url].

Have you verified the drivers on your pc and the server via the method I mentioned earlier?

I'm pretty sure you can reinstall the drivers on the server without causing any issues. I'd give you a link, but I'm not sure what version of MS access you're using. You should be able to go to Microsoft's download site and find the right ones, though.

But I'd advise verifying the install on on a dev or qa box before pushing it up to production, just in case.

• I only see the difference for ODBC Data Source:

MY local Machine for SQL SERVER NATIVE CLIENT 10.0 has version “2009.100.1600.01”

But for the Dev and production server has higher version

SQL SERVER NATIVE CLIENT 10.0 has version “2009.100.1790.00”

MS Access 2010.

I am not sure will this impact it..

• the issue have been solved. I installed ms access runtime 32 bit but i uninstalled it and afterwards it is working fine. Not sure could it be due to installation or something else.

thank you all for your inputs.. and helping me

Shaun..:-):-)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply