How to check mirrored database

• Thank You, Bhuvnesh. Now I am clear.

• shohelr2003 (11/23/2012)

Now for some reason I wanna restore database to my principal from another databse.

Will it cause any inconsistency in mirror databse?

Yes, of course the databases will be totally out of sequence!!

shohelr2003 (11/23/2012)

Or may I need restore database and log backup from that another database to mirror database?

Break the mirror, restore the principal, restore the new mirror from the newly restored principal, setup mirroring

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Thank You, Perry Whittle. But what does "database will be totally out of sequence" mean?

• means both servers are not same from data (even sql objects too ) perspective

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• shohelr2003 (11/26/2012)

Thank You, Perry Whittle. But what does "database will be totally out of sequence" mean?

The LSNs and hence restore points will be completely different between databases, it would make sense for you to read up a little on how database mirroring works 😉

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Perry Whittle (11/26/2012)

The LSNs and hence restore points will be completely different between databases, it would make sense for you to read up a little on how database mirroring works 😉

+ 10

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Thank all specially Bhuvnesh and Perry Whittle for your kind help.

I have gone through database mirroring configuration and now I will go through how database mirroring works.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply