How to Categorize Uncategorized Data

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item <A HREF="/articles/Cluster+Analysis/124259/">How to Categorize Uncategorized Data</A>

I'm very sorry that the CA_Example_Instructions.zip was not uploaded. Check attached or the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpet8hrk7ntxnnq/CA_Example_Instructions.zip?dl=0

Also there are some formatting issues when I copied the article from Word.

In step four of Silhouette formula, it should say

Silhouette Score = (Y-X)/C

Sincerely,

Stephan Calderon

• Hi!

Nice article! We are doing this with R but I have always wondered how to transfer it to T-SQL.

I can't find the link to the CA_Example_Instructions.zip file mentioned in the article, can you please post it?

Thanks a lot!

Xavi

• where is zip file and sql file .

• Also can't find the SQL.

In the absence of this I'm trying to understand the silhouetting explanation. How is the result in the range -1 to 1? Are the distances limited (is the scale on the cluster diagram a percentage)? Even so if you take the greater of the averages X and Y, how can you ever end up with a negative value?

• It's all a bit confusing to me. I'll reread.

• I updated the original post of this forum to include CA_Example_Instructions.zip

• I can't see the link anyway, where did you place the link or the file?

Thank you!

• There was an issue in formatting. I updated the topic to show the correct formula for Silhouette.

Sorry for the confusion. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask

-Stephan Calderon

• It's at the top of this forum. It's the first post(call Topic I think).

Sorry, I'm very new to all of this.

• Thanks a lot!!!

• Article says yellow cluster to be junior high girls, should it be blue?

• Thank you Susan for the question.

It's a simple example so it doesn't really matter which color is which. Girls are yellow because that's how my report returned it.

And you'll notice the legend actually labels the yellow as the girls group.

• Bi

some one answer to the question of SSC ROOKIE??

In calculating silhouetting ...i n step 3. How do i know hkw many cluster i do have ??? Did u use the ssrs graph to see how many cluster i the data?

Thank u

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply