How to Bring DB mirror server on line (without Witness Server) command manually

• Hi,

I currently setup total 2 set SQL Server 2012 with SP1 with "DB Mirroring" configured without Witness Server.

I found that if DB # 1 Server (Principle) is on-line, I can easily to perform "Failover" by selecting the target database and then right-click mouse and select [Task] -> [Mirror] -> and then perform "Failover".

However, if I shut down the Princple DB # 1 server and connect with the DB # 2 Server (Mirror server), I found that I have no option like "Failover" button to bring the DB # 2 Server on-line. It is because the Principle server DB # 1 Server shutdown.

Under this situation, does anyone can teach me how can I use command to bring the SQL 2012 With SP1 DB # 2 Server (Mirror) on-line with Command line ?

Many thanks,

Dominic Ho

• The only way (as far as I know) is to break the mirror, and recover the secondary copy of the database. They may have done it this way to prevent a "split brain" situation where updates work their way into both systems. This would be about impossible to reconcile automatically, so the secondary needs to see that the primary is down, before being able to come up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply