How to automate reports and send them to customers?

• I have been looking for solution to automate the reports. I have many customers and many reports.

each customer has their own will to receive individual report on specific day to their given/subscribed email addresses. So I have customer and report name and weekday, weekly, monthly (different schedules) and list of customers where each report is sent to.

Is there any way to implement this automation using simple T-SQL?

I have been able to make report in Crystal report and through command like (use TSQL) to generate report output in any format, lets say, .pdf and based on customer list send them email on their scheduled day.

I do not want to do this all in Crystal Report, because there is already SSRS we have but my question is, Ids there any easy way that i pass a command line to my sql server report and that returns me output so that i can send email to my clients?

Shamshad Ali

• In Reporting Services you have subscriptions for that.

Here's a quick how-to video: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/dd420576.aspx

-- Gianluca Sartori

• I saw the video and I know this. Thanks. My question is how do i automate subscription here? Is Reporting service subscription API or any TSQL available? it ask for emails to send in TO.. CC etc, schedule. How do I do this automate programmatically or using TSQL? Hope you understand my question and provide solution if available.

I have to provide some interface for customers where they setup report name and delivery schedule and list of emails who will be receiving these reports.

Shamshad

• Agreed, I have decided to use Crystal Report and its service to automatically send my reports in any output format that i give using command line with given parameters and deliver them to individual clients via email. SQL Server Reporting can't win in this. Earlier I thought there would be something available after 2008, then 2012 and now 2014 here, but all has no enhancement seen in this regards. Fade up...

Shamshad

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply