How managing programmatically a data-driven subscription

• Hi.

I need to create and edit a SSRS data-driven subscription inside a .NET application. Is it possible? Which objects or classer can I use?

Any helps to me, please? Thanks

• If I understand your question, manipulating the components of a subscription are simply a matter of manipulating the data that drives that subscription. Report server has a database which maintains pretty much all the info that has to do with a report. Find the data you need to edit in the report server db or in the msdb or in a combination and then write your code to access and manipulate the data there.

• Really, I want to create a SSRS subscription by using classes or methods of Reporting Services. In the Report Manager I can manually a new subscription but in the authomatic manner inside SSIS?

Thanks

• I don't know anything about SSRS .NET Classes, if there are any. However, a report subscription is simply an SQL Server Agent job with a few additional bits of data from the reporting services database. If the report exists, you should be able to use any SQL server classes you need to create the job that creates the subscription. If you are trying to create a report and subscription, that is beyond my skill set.

• I agree with Daniel that it is better to create a couple of data-driven subscription by hand, and then just manipulate the data for the data driven subscriptions form your code.

If you insist on creating subscriptions from scratch, just take a look at the Microsoft.ReportingServices.Interfaces Namespace.

There I see a couple of OperationNames that refer to subscriptions (i.e. OperCreateSubscription), so I guess you can use these.

Good luck, and please post an example here if you managed to get it working in a script in SSIS, for all of us to learn about.

Peter Rijs
    BI Consultant, The Netherlands

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply