How do I obtain the deleted rows

• Hi,

Suppose I have deleted some rows and I want to get it back, How do I get it.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

cmrhema

• * if you use, begin trans, then you can rollback the operation.

* if you have any delete trigger on that table, then you can get the data.

which version of SQL using ?

• Thanks for the reply Kishore.

i am using sql server 2005. I have not given any rollback or commit Neither do I have any triggers.

Just deleted some 100 records by mistake

What should I do?

• Hemalatha (2/9/2009)

Thanks for the reply Kishore.

i am using sql server 2005. I have not given any rollback or commit Neither do I have any triggers.

Just deleted some 100 records by mistake

What should I do?

If you have any backup exists before you delete the records, then you can restore.

regards.

• Can I retrieve from the log file, if yes then how

• God help you........

nevertheless, here are a few things you could do the next your fingers stretch to write a delete statement...

1. take a backup of the rows that are to effected by your delete statement....

2. Maintain a audit log table keeping track of the records being deleted, inserted etc...

3. Also if you think the above two steps are too difficult or you need a lot of "know how" info on that, at the least copy the data and paste it somewhere.........:D

• You could however find the transaction log at the following path

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG

Now most of the data would be stored in binary form is my guess....Recovery of the deleted files is a possiblity with third party tools like Lumigent Log Explorer.......

There are other ways too which I feel are too risky and im not evey confident about them either.....;)

• Hemalatha (2/9/2009)

Can I retrieve from the log file, if yes then how

if you have any log file backup, then you can restore the data from log file.

regards.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply