How do I get SSRS to connect to an older version of MySQL?

• Three weeks ago I was tasked with working on a SSRS report that to run against a MySQL database. Until that time I'd never done anything with MySQL, so that's a learning curve as well. The only way I know of connecting to MySQL is with an ODBC connection. (As an aside, if there's another way of connecting to MySQL for both SSRS and the MySQL Workbench, PLEASE let me know!) Initially I went with the current production version of MySQL (version 8.0), however I soon learned that would fail miserably because we've got an old version of MySQL. It is version 5.1.41-community. So, I went to this link to download the ODBC version 5.2.7 for MySQL. I installed the 32/64 bit version and tried to create an ODBC DSN to the MySQL database. It refused to use any other driver, other than the 8.0 version. Looking into Apps & Features on my Windows 10 box, I can see that both ODBC 5.2 and 8.0 are there. So, why is it that the ODBC Data Source Administrator refuses to the 5.2 version? (It only shows me the 8.0 version.)

At least the 32-bit version of the ODBC Data Source Administrator only see the 8.0 version. The 64-bit version does see both. However, unless I'm mistaken, doesn't SSRS only run in 32-bit? If I'm correct, then I must work with the 32-bit version.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply