How do I get a Maintenance plan that fails to record the executing job as failing?

• I created a Maintenance Plan with two tasks. First task verifies data integrity. When it is successful, the second task backs up the Databases.

I thought it was working because the Job Status was successful. The package executed successfully. But it was failing. I check the Maintenance Plan history it has been failing for over a month.

So how do I get a Maintenance plan that fails to record the executing job as failing?

David Bird

• As far as I remember, you can change the properties of the arrow that you drag from one action to another, so that it will only do the second part on success of the first.

Doesn't that give an failed result, if nothing has succeded?

• I found the problem.  It is a bug in the Management Studio.  When I use Management Studio updated with SP2 to create the Plan it works fine. Unfortunately we have some servers with SP1 and others with SP2.  Now I have more incentive to upgrade them all to SP2 and the latest hotfix.

Thanks for your response.

David Bird

• Its better to upgrade all ur servers to SP2. It has fixes for lot many problems. SSIS had many problems with SP1 and many has been fixed in SP2.

Cheers,
    Sugeshkumar Rajendran
    SQL Server MVP
    http://sugeshkr.blogspot.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply