How come no one post any job?

• Before the change, there were a lot of job posting, now it seemed no one posting jobs.:unsure: Was something wrong withe SQL Jobs forum or people stop posting job here.:discuss:

• It is because now posting jobs will be charged.

Personally, I doubt this is the right way to go.

• That sucks!!!! :angry: I am looking for a job ! :crying:

• What wrong with DICE, Monster, and all the other job sites? You get a better selection and in more places than I ever saw on this forum...

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• We moved to a paid posting service. They're supposed to backfill some jobs. I'll check on that.

I'd talk to a few recruiters. They don't cost you anything and they might help. I say a few because many aren't more than middlemen.

• Yeah... I'd definitely recommend Monster, DICE, Careerboard, and heck, even Craigslist. You never know where you may find your next listing. But it always helps to have multiple resources to turn to in case one seems empty of listings (like here).

• I am using dice.com. I post my resume there and my phone is ringing off the hook. Some of the calls comes from hiring company while most of the call comes from recruiter.

sopheap

• I got put off by the charge myself. I am always looking for good people for the Canadian Market with real openings. If you are interested, please send me your up to date resume to jobs@axantogroup.com.

Thanks.

• Henry Omodara (11/6/2007)

I got put off by the charge myself. I am always looking for good people for the Canadian Market with real openings. If you are interested, please send me your up to date resume to jobs@axantogroup.com.

Thanks.

Heh... any chance of working from home in Michigan? 😛

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• What about Rochester, NY? Can I work at home? I am 3 hours away from Toronto.

Probably I can make a trip once or twice a month to the company.

• All,

Unfortunately I dont have any open roles for working from Home at this time, however I do get the odd one from time to time. If you send me your resume with a description of what you are looking for, I will get back to you and work on your behalf to find something suitable.

Thanks.

• I guess Henry found a way around paying the posting fee... ha ha...

J Moden - Where in Michigan are you located? I heard about a possible opening in Livonia, MI (not with Quicken Loans, that place is a sweatshop).

• Grumpy DBA (11/12/2007)

I guess Henry found a way around paying the posting fee... ha ha...

J Moden - Where in Michigan are you located? I heard about a possible opening in Livonia, MI (not with Quicken Loans, that place is a sweatshop).

Livonia is only about 10 minutes futher away from where I currently work (Farmington Hills)... you live in MI, Grumpy?

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• J-Mo - Yes, working in Posh Plymouth. I'll talk to a couple of cronies and fellow curmudgeons to see what the deal is with the possible Livonia position and get back to you. Last I heard is they are looking for someone with SQL Server and Oracle skills, although they may have created 2 positions (1 for SQL Server, 1 for Oracle), another rumor I've heard. The company is non-automotive (unusual for SE Michigan, isn't it?) which has it's advantages (stability) and disadvantages (no automotive hoidays/shutdowns).

• Grumpy... looks like you have PM disabled. Wanted to send you my cell phone number. Might be fun to get together and do some 12 ounce curls wilst swapping war stories. My PM works if you want to send your's and maybe your email addr.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply