How can I see what is actually going on with a subscriber?

• We are just getting started with replication so I don't have too much experience with it.  We are working in a development environment.  We are replicating an entire database from a SQL 2000 server to a SQL 2005 server using transactional replication.  I went through & setup the publisher & it generates a snapshot. I then setup the subscriber on our SQL 2005 servers. It is doing a pull subscription.  It says it is setup successfully & the synchronization status shows that it was started successfully & is in progress.  This isn't a huge database that we are replicating. Only around 10 gigs or so.

I initially was able to get this to work.  Everything was being replicated over to the subscriber.  I then stopped & delete all the publishers & subscribers.  I restored my replicated database on the publisher & then setup the publisher & subscribers again.  Now the subscriber never successfully completes getting the snapshot.  I don't get any errors. It just says it is still in progress.  I don't know how to see what exactly is going on with the subscriber.  It doesn't appear that it is doing anything.  Any help or insight that someone could offer would be appreciated!

Thanks!

John

Let me know if you need any more info on our environment.

• Never mind, this post can be deleted.  I couldn't see where I can delete.

John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply