How can I find the MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle

• How do I find out what version of the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle is installed on my machine?

Would I need to look at the registry entries for this? Also, any guide as to what the default for an SQL 2005 install would be?

Thanks

_____________________________________________________________________________MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (2005)

• dave i think it is C:\WINDOWS\system32\msorcl32.dll or C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msdaora.dll as part of any MDAC that got installed (uusally already there);

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Hi thanks Lowell,

the properties seem to suggest that is for the ODBC driver - or do OLE DB and the ODBC use the same DLL

_____________________________________________________________________________MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (2005)

• Lowell,

your post has nudged me in the right direction and I think I've found what I was looking for (as the song goes 😀 )

I need the file versio for MSDAORA.dll which I found under C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB

thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply