How can I create a multi page custom report in SSMS?

• I am trying to figure out if it is possible to have a custom report that is multi page in Management Studio. It seems that it can only display one page.

If anyone knows how to do this, please help.

MG

"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."
    Tony Hoare

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." Red Adair.

• In the past I've handled this in BIDS by having two separate RDL's displayed full page as subreports in a single parent RDL.

So it's just two boxes in the main body of an RDL and they'll page onto their own pages.

I've used it to package a dozen of personnel reports (which can be printed out separately) together in one report.

• Thanks - that sounds like a good work around - I'll try it!

MG

"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."
    Tony Hoare

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." Red Adair.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply