How can I attract Senior Database Administrator candidates?

• I am glad that you have had some good luck in finding dba's to help support you.

Have you considered someone completely remote and off hours?

I am a Senior SQL Server DBA that is looking for off hours work on a regular basis.

I have an excellent resume and large skillset that you could take advantage of. I am looking to suppliment my income for about two years. Going to suprise my wife with a trip to Hawaii for our 25th wedding anniversary and would like to prepay for it before we go. I am very stable and consistent and if you would like to review my resume, please email me and lets see if we can work something out.

Thomas Lilley

troffofdrinal@yahoo.com

• Jeff Moden (7/26/2012)

... SQL Server and all those things are just too big for one person to be good at all of that.

If you want an expert in SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS, then you should advertise for a "BI" expert.

If you want an expert in databases (including effective design and implementation), then you need to advertise for a "Hybrid" or "Application DBA" with an emphasis on T-SQL and tuning with some reasonably good systems knowledge.

If you want an expert in security and other system level stuff, then you need to advertise for a "Systems DBA".

If you want someone with ".NET" experience, advertise for a front-end developer.

Thank you Jeff, In general with my genuine concern on "how to have a good hands on all and all with sql stuff?" really ends here.

I wish your said becomes one of the "commands" in the recruiting industry/people where employer REALLY understands on what they are looking (*specifically) for and what to expect from the candidate in the long run once he is hired.

Thank you.

*It is hard to design the exact path of the career growth in the SQL and later the job description can deceive you from the reason of hiring and to the actual work rendered.

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• A BETTER DBA JOB DESCRIPTION FOR EVERYONE

"The same thing is happening with the standard hiring practice. That’s why we need better job descriptions. If you want a SQL Server Expert to be interested in your open position then you need to change how you are advertising for them."

http://thomaslarock.com/2010/09/a-better-dba-job-description-for-everyone/

Viewing 3 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply