Hourly Rate?

• Not sure about either of those.

I think Denver has lagged at times behind other areas in the country, especially considering the cost of living here. The last 3 DBA jobs I've had have been in the 80's - 90's. I see consulting shops charging $120-250 easily, though not sure what the grunts are getting paid. I've rarely had issues with $100/hr for me, though I've declined a number of opportunities in the last 3 years.

I'd like to think other DBAs are trying to keep up with the Jones's DBA

• We'll see about that Steve .

• I'm just curious if anyone had updates on their rates? I basically got told that $50 per hour was way too high for someone with 4 years DBA, 6 years total IT. This was in the Kansas City area.

• Sort of along the original lines of the thread topic, but whats the contract job market in Toronto like for SQL DBAs?

I have worked in South Africa, England and Switzerland (current). Around 10 years of experience... We work on day rates out here and I have worked my way up from £350 to £600 per day over the last few years.

• Jason Messersmith (3/21/2011)

I'm just curious if anyone had updates on their rates? I basically got told that $50 per hour was way too high for someone with 4 years DBA, 6 years total IT. This was in the Kansas City area.

What's the position? What are the other benefits? Are you going for a job or consulting?

• grahamc (3/21/2011)

Sort of along the original lines of the thread topic, but whats the contract job market in Toronto like for SQL DBAs?

I have worked in South Africa, England and Switzerland (current). Around 10 years of experience... We work on day rates out here and I have worked my way up from £350 to £600 per day over the last few years.

Thinking about moving there???

Last time I checked it was the biggest market in Canada, or easily in top 3.

• Ninja's_RGR'us (3/21/2011)

Jason Messersmith (3/21/2011)

I'm just curious if anyone had updates on their rates? I basically got told that $50 per hour was way too high for someone with 4 years DBA, 6 years total IT. This was in the Kansas City area.

What's the position? What are the other benefits? Are you going for a job or consulting?

It was a DBA contractor position for the government, it had a W2 thats about it. There were 2 contractors on top of me though.

• Check this out... that'll give you some market research.

http://salary.com/mysalary.asp

Can you send us the link to the job posting? Without that it's a bit hard to provide more info.

• I don't know your market, but 80K to 100K doesn't seem overpaid at all.

• Ninja's_RGR'us (3/21/2011)

grahamc (3/21/2011)

Sort of along the original lines of the thread topic, but whats the contract job market in Toronto like for SQL DBAs?

Thinking about moving there???

Last time I checked it was the biggest market in Canada, or easily in top 3.

Considering it... wont be for a couple of years as I have landed a rather decent position now and we (my fiancee and I) are trying to move to buy in France, but will eventually get bored of that......... :hehe:

• What average hourly rate for MCITP DBA with 4 years exp. in Austaralia QLD?

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply