hide reportBuilder option for users

• So my users have browser permission in all the right places (site settings / folder settings).  They can see report builder.  I'd like if they couldn't see this option.  Is it possible to hide or remove this option for some or even all users?

• snomadj - Tuesday, May 29, 2018 8:42 AM

So my users have browser permission in all the right places (site settings / folder settings).  They can see report builder.  I'd like if they couldn't see this option.  Is it possible to hide or remove this option for some or even all users?

The System User server role has the permission Execute Report Definition by default. That's what controls whether the button is visible or not. You could remove this permission from the System User role. To change the permissions, connect to Reporting Services from SQL Server Management Studio. Then go to Security -> System Roles. Right click on System User to display the permissions, remove the check for Execute Report Definition.
    If you still wanted some users to see the option, you could create another role same as system user but add the Execute Report Definition permissions. You can do this in SSMS connecting to Reporting Services...same as above.

Sue

• Sue, you are a genius!  And your instructions are super clear!  This has been bugging me for days.  Thank you so much.

🙂

• snomadj - Wednesday, May 30, 2018 3:49 AM

Sue, you are a genius!  And your instructions are super clear!  This has been bugging me for days.  Thank you so much.

🙂

Thanks for the feedback - glad I could help. That one is an obnoxious, obscure one I wasted a lot of time with years ago.

Sue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply