Heroes Happen Here Launch Event

• Was any one here at the launch event in Birmingham yesterday?

It was fantastic, especially the Data Application lecture featuring plotting co-ordinates and shapes with the GEOMETRY and GEOGRAPHY data types.

Was anyone here at the convention and do you know if we can download the scripts that were being demonstrated?

Ive got my demo copy of 2008 and cant wait to play with this!

• I wasn't, but our local user group (SNESSUG) is hosting one of those in a couple of weeks. If no one else hooks you up, I'll get the script from our box (assuming it comes with the kit).

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Great, thanks very much!

• I just got an email, we're getting our kit next week. I'll look for the sample code then. That is unless someone else posts it for you.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• Bad news, that must have been someone's private example. I don't have anything like that in the slides that they provided to us. I wish I did. The slides provided were mostly for upgrading various products to Windows Server 2008.

They also sent a SQL Server 2008 Readiness disk. I'll look through that and get back to you.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• I was at the launch event but i have not been able to download the slides either...Although i have not checked for a while. There was a URL in one of leaflets they gave out at the beginning...Do you think i can find it though!

Gethyn Elliswww.gethynellis.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply