Help with Backup & Restore

• Hi All,

Please help me with the following scenario.

Lets say I have 10 DBs in an instance and I need to do backup of all these DBs and restore them to another new instance. However, I don't want to do this one by one, I want to do this as one set.

Anyone have any script or clue as to how do I do this?

Please advise.

Thanks,

TA

Regards,
    SQLisAwe5oMe.

• Hi Guys, I have the script to backup all the DB's......Is it possible to restore 10 DB's at the same time to a new instance?....or do I need to do one by one? Please advise.

Thanks,

TA

Regards,
    SQLisAwe5oMe.

• It "is" possible...but your primary limitation (depending on the size of the 10 DB's) most likely will be network IO and disk limitations/contention on the server.

Restoring 10 DB's at the same time on the same server will make those spindles max out in a snap. What's your hardware architecture?

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• MyDoggieJessie (7/31/2012)

It "is" possible...but your primary limitation (depending on the size of the 10 DB's) most likely will be network IO and disk limitations/contention on the server.

Restoring 10 DB's at the same time on the same server will make those spindles max out in a snap. What's your hardware architecture?

Hi, I was trying to help a friend of mine, as per my friend, all the DB's are very small, less than 10GB. He is not sure about the hardware architecture. There are 10 DB's in development and wants to move to production. Please advise.

Thanks,

TA

Regards,
    SQLisAwe5oMe.

• If you aren't aware of the hardware, I'd personally opt for restoring 1 db at a time. In the long run it may be quicker...

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply