help with a dataload

• I am trying to do a "monster dump" of a table using a job, this is to an external database and have an external FTP location.  The steps I am using are:  step 1 make my connection (working) step 2 truncate table (working) step 3 (the problem using bcp statement) bcp database..table in Y:\dev\tablename.dat -c -t"|" -T -Sserveraddress  -- but getting a native error message:

Executed as user: ELPASOCO\sqlreplserver. ...ror = 0  Error = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation  SQLState = 22001, NativeError = 0  Error = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation  SQLState = 22001, NativeError = 0  Error = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation  SQLState = 22001, NativeError = 0  Error = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation  SQLState = 22001, NativeError = 0  Error = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation  SQLState = 22001, NativeError = 0  Error = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation  SQLState = 22001, NativeError = 0  Error = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation  SQLState = 22001, NativeError = 0  Error = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation  SQLState = 22001, NativeError = 0  Error = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]String data, right truncation  .  The step succeeded.

step 4 is disconnect - step 5 mailFailure - step 6 failure drop connection

I am not understanding the error as states succeeded however there is no data in the table (verified that the file has data - yep)

any help with this is very helpful, as this is going on day 2 of this problem.

oh yea - this same job is working just fine on the internal boxes.

Sheila

Sheila Conlon (getting back)

• From a thread in another forum "It means that the data in the file for a given field is longer than the

destination column in the database.  It can indicate a problem with file

delimeters, or indicate some other mismatch with the input file. 

If you specify the error file with the -e option it generally points you

at the data in question.  When I have problems like this I set the batch

count (-b option) to 1 so it commits every row and I can see where the

load got to before it failed.  "

Shamless self promotion - read my blog http://sirsql.net

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply