Help on Active-Active Cluster can't connect to other instance db on other server.

• Hi we have a Windows 2008 Server installed with SQL Server 2008 as an active-active cluster.

While installing the cluster, there was a network "bind error" during install.. so we went into the SQL bootstrap logs and identified issue with Bind order(also from an article in google) .. changed bind order in the registry to correct order. returned to sql install and was successful no warnings.

Afterwards we have 2 databases Named instances.

ServerCl01 - has Instance DatabaseA configured using Port 21433

ServerCl02 - has Instance DatabaseB configured using Port 21436

It's configured with

SQL Browser is using Local Account

SQL Services using a service account

There is a "development domain" with same setup everything where this works.

The "production domain" it is not working... Also the SysAdmins state they've "OPENED ALL PORTS" so supposedly that's not the problem?

While on my laptop I can't using SSMS client to either ServerCl01 or ServerCl02

But

When I remote desktop to the server use SSMS on ServerCl01 I can get to DatabaseA (since it's Active on that node)

When I remote desktop to the server use SSMS on ServerCl02 I can get to DatabaseB (since it's Active on that node)

While on remote desktop, I cannot connect to the "other active node" database.

Example I'm on ServerCl01, I can connect to Database A with SSMS on server.

When on ServerCl01 attempting to connect to DatabaseB, I recieve error

"Cannot connect to DatabaseB A network-related or instance-specific error occured while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accesible .... error 26...."

--------------------------------------------------
    ...0.05 points per day since registration... slowly crawl up to 1 pt per day hopefully 😀

• Just trying to be thorough, are you sure you have configured the instances to accept remote connections?

• Actually found out they enabled windows firewall on the server so couldn't go out (oops) Thanks Lynn.

--------------------------------------------------
    ...0.05 points per day since registration... slowly crawl up to 1 pt per day hopefully 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply