Heeeelp !!!!!!!!!!!! SSIS Incremental loading.

• Hi All,

Excuse me for my bad english.

I am newbie in SSIS.

I need your help.

Configuration: sql server 2008R2.

I have ssis package that calculates indicators for the week (group by week).

We would like to automate the loading that package load every week data for the last six weeks.

But we would also be able to in a table (parameters table may be ???) force dates for which you would like to load ( for the first loading for instance).

Can you tell me how???

Thank you.

• From the looks of things you have some kind of date value to load data for a week. In your query, rather than use a fixed date parameter like DATEADD(dd,-7,GetDate()), use a variable, probably something like DATEADD(dd,-?,GetDate()). Put the variable in a package configuration. Then when you need to run the job for a different date range you simply change the configuration value and run your package. No need to modify your package.

• Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your answer.

1 - But users who load data are not familiar with SSIS. It’s impossible for them to change the values of a variable in an SSIS package

2 - They asked in an automated package the loading of data for the last 6 weeks but They want to have in a table the possibility to force these dates if necessary (for example if the first load for which all chargerait the year 2012 ).

I thought the solution might be to have a table of parameters that would list every week with a column that will tell us what a week load.

What do you think?

I am waiting your answer.

• Hi Daniel,

My question seems to be stupid but I am a newbie in SSIS. πŸ™

With your solution, how can I do a package configuration with variable ???

• There are a number of good tutorials online about creating package configurations. I would suggest using a database, because then you could create a small application or another package where the users could manipulate the amount of time to go back. The one thing to watch here is that you don't want more than one user running the package while another user is trying to run the package with a different value in the parameter.

• OK. Thanks.

For you, I must create a table with parameters inside.

And another package that will load this table with dates that users want ??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply