Having issue while removing non-empty filstream from database

• hi

somebody please help with removing filestream filegroup.

i am getting below error

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
    ------------------------------

Drop failed for DataFile 'NTAFSDB_NTAFLOWMEMORYSTORAGE'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

For help, click: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=16.100.46041.41+(SMO-master-A)&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Drop+DataFile&LinkId=20476

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Cannot drop the last memory-optimized container 'NTAFSDB_NTAFLOWMEMORYSTORAGE'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 41802)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&ProdVer=15.00.2000&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=41802&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

Below are the steps of it

USE [master]
    GO
    CREATE DATABASE [NTAFSDB_NEW] ON
    ( FILENAME = N'\\amazontesteceg5mbm.core.cvent.org\sqlnta-001.Data\MSSQL15.SQLNTA\MSSQL\DATA\NTAFSDB.mdf' ),
    ( FILENAME = N'\\amazontestmoaz6oef.core.cvent.org\sqlnta-001.Log\MSSQL15.SQLNTA\MSSQL\Log\NTAFSDB_log.ldf' ),
    ( FILENAME = N'\\amazontesteceg5mbm.core.cvent.org\sqlnta-001.Data\MSSQL15.SQLNTA\MSSQL\DATA\NTAFSDB_NTAFLOWSTORAGE.mdf' ),
    ( FILENAME = N'\\amazontestmoaz6oef.core.cvent.org\sqlnta-001.Log\MSSQL15.SQLNTA\MSSQL\Log\NTAFSDB_log2.ldf' )
    FOR ATTACH
    GO

alter database [NTAFSDB_NEW] modify file (name='NTAFSDB' , filename='\\amazontesteceg5mbm.core.cvent.org\sqlnta-001.Data\MSSQL15.SQLNTA\MSSQL\DATA\NTAFSDB.mdf')

alter database [NTAFSDB_NEW] modify file (name='NTAFSDB_log' , filename='\\amazontestmoaz6oef.core.cvent.org\sqlnta-001.Log\MSSQL15.SQLNTA\MSSQL\Log\NTAFSDB_log.ldf')

alter database [NTAFSDB_NEW] modify file (name='NTAFSDB_NTAFLOWSTORAGE' , filename='\\amazontesteceg5mbm.core.cvent.org\sqlnta-001.Data\MSSQL15.SQLNTA\MSSQL\DATA\NTAFSDB_NTAFLOWSTORAGE.mdf')

alter database [NTAFSDB_NEW] modify file (name='NTAFSDB_log2' , filename='\\amazontestmoaz6oef.core.cvent.org\sqlnta-001.Log\MSSQL15.SQLNTA\MSSQL\Log\NTAFSDB_log2.ldf')

alter database [NTAFSDB_NEW] set emergency

alter database [NTAFSDB_NEW] set single_user with ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE;

dbcc checkdb(NTAFSDB_NEW,repair_allow_data_loss)

alter database [NTAFSDB_NEW] set multi_user

alter database [NTAFSDB_NEW] set online

ALTER Database [NTAFSDB_NEW] REMOVE FILEGROUP FGNTAFLOWMEMORYSTORAGE
    GO

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Hi Bhuvesh,

In the scripts provided I can see only data & log files , can you share more details on what exactly you trying to achieve?

Are you moving a DB with Filestream from one local to another and then trying to remove the Filestream filegroup and respective folder location?

• Correct , my goal is to move database (on-premises) size 700 GB having 2 gb filestream  to EC2 (data and log files will be sitting on ASWS FSX files) and also we need to remove filestream on EC2.

i can see NO table or column is from filestream still not sure how/where this 2 gb data exists on filestream.

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply