Hard Drive Reliability

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Hard Drive Reliability

• I'm assuming you take pictures then store them locally and on backblaze? How do you determine where the rest of your photos get posted and stores? Do you use google photos?

412-977-3526 call/text

• I do use Google photos now, and try to back up the important ones locally (and to Backblaze). I'll grab a set from my phone via USB and keep them around, since one has no control with Google.

• I need to set up a RAID for home and also investigate Backblaze for my backups. I bought a film scanner to digitize my photographs going back to 1981. I think that I've finished my 1981 photographs. I've started on 1982 with over 30 rolls of film to scan. I have a directory naming scheme, Y9999-RXX, where 9999 is the year and XX is the film sequence number for the year. So far, I've scanned over 1200 frames. Importing the files into Lightroom, I noticed that the photos are in a random order because the files are named with two digits 01 through possibly 36. Being a software developer is handy; I wrote a quick C# program to rename the files and prefix the name with the Year/Film sequence.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply